DO NOT TAKE MEDICAL ADVICE FROM ON LINE SOURCES

We are not doctors, We do not represent or replace real medical advice!! DONOT take serious medical issues to the internet. If you are having a serious medical problem please contact your doctor, or licensed lactation consultant.
Continuing to read this blog means you agree that The B fairy and the lovely ladies behind it are not liable for issues that need Real Medical/ Nutritional advice . If you need real advice call your doctor or contact WWW.LLLI.org to find a licensed LC near you !! or contact you r local government WIC office

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

J boy

So J boy is almost 4 weeks old and hasn't had a drop of formula! Being with him brings me back to those early days with E girl almost 9 years ago.
  I gave her formula and breast fed , I started this on day one . Any time brest feeding was inconvienient , or some one wanted to feed her . I'll admit I loved breastfeeding it was like our secret time in the world, but formula feeding was so freeing! I could give her to some one else and not worry.  Well 9 years later i get to see what the end result is. She is hyper and has reading issues. She has been held back in school and all sorts of fun stuff. Now I can't promise that if I had only breast fed her that she wouldn't have these issues, but I can swear I wouldn't be having these questions.
If you could give your baby something that is proven to make them 30% smarter , develop faster, have a stable  connection with their mother, less allergies  etc..... How much would you pay to give your child this? I bet you would pay as much as you could to give your child this gift, well nature gave it to you! And it is FREE!
Now with Jboy I have sworn to give him this for as long as I can , my ultimate goal is for 2 years or more. Now he may have behavior issues, and trouble reading, he may be held back in school or other issues, but i'll know that it could be 30% worse and that I gave him the best start I could.

Happy feeding,
Bfairy

12 comments:

  1. I find this post just a little offensive and misleading. I am a Mom of two FORMULA fed kids that have been VERY healthy, aside from the typical ear infection and strep throat. My kids are 5 and 3. My 5 year old has been on antibiotics 3 times in 5 years. That's it. My 3 yr old daughter has NEVER been on an antibiotic. I know plenty of EBF babes/kids that have had many, many ear infections and have needed tubes and other various toddler ailments that my kids never experienced. Both of my kids were early talkers and walkers, they both started walking at 10 months. They also have no known allergies, to food or medications. They are smart and inquisitive and do not show any developmental delays. It is not necessarily the formula's fault that your daughter has a few issues. There are plenty of EBF kids that have the same issues. I hope I don't offend you too much but if you are going to point blame at something at least site an article with some proof to back it up. If I had read this as a new Mom as I was having many issues with BF, I would have been terrified to feed my baby formula! Thankfully I knew to trust my Mom instincts and I did what was best for me and my baby and that happened to be choosing formula instead of dreading every feeding because of the pain it caused me. I was happier and so were my babies and they both turned out just fine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to have a new reader! My previous 0 was getting lonely lol

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure why anyone would be offended by this. Breastfeeding is proven to be the best for babies. Rates of SIDS, Cancer, diabetes, and obesity are proven to be lower in breastfed babies, among tons of other health beneifits for both mom and baby. Now some moms can't, and some moms choose not to, and that's fine -everyone needs to do what's best for their family. Booby fairy is just expressing her regret that she COULD ebf and didn't, and as a result question how much healthier her daughter could be. The point of blogs like these is to encourage moms to really try and give their kids the best nutrition possible. So many times moms are not supported when facing challeneges in breastfeeding and are encouraged to just give formula, when if you take a little bit of time and hard work, breastfeeding can be achieved. I know so many moms who didn't breastfeed because its "weird, inconvienent, or they don't want their breasts to be saggy" blogs like these exsist to inform those women, and encourage and support the women who are trying to ebf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, she is taking a jab and using no evidence to back up her claim that the formula must have caused her daughter problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Now I can't promise that if I had only breast fed her that she wouldn't have these issues, but I can swear I wouldn't be having these questions.". This is a direct quote from my post how did I say that it must have been the formula?

      Delete
  4. congrats on loving breastfeeding.i have bf all 6 of mine and they were so much healthier while i bf.i nursed my 3yr old til she was 27months and the month i stopped she got sick.never had been before either.not to mention how much i saved.you are doing such a good thing.i had a friend who used formula that she bought at costco.get price and all.one day she got a letter saying there was a recall on it as there was roach pieces in it.ya i trust my breastmilk doesnt have that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There has Never been a recall on breast milk

      Delete
  5. She is not saying that formula 100% for sure caused the issues, she is saying that using formula 100% caused her to wonder if the formula is linked to her daughter's issues. Do you really need a link to the multitude of articles, papers and studies that show the benefits of breastfeeding?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure which bothers me more: your sanctimomminess or your really hideous backdrop and font. I'll just go: ridiculous.

    (From someone who bfed through 21 months. I guess that already makes me a better mother than you, under your terms?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good deal breastfeeding that long!

      Delete
    2. Wow. Just wow. What part of this post made you think she is saying bfing moms trump formula moms? We all know breastmilk is better than formula. She was just saying her thoughts on the two as it relates to her situation, children and concerns.

      I am not sure which bothers me more, the fact that you needed to attack someones font choice or your annoying play on words.

      Delete
  7. i like the backgrund color.its nothing new that bf is better.even the formula companies say breastmilk is best but if thats not a choice then use their formula.its always amazed me how someone can say how they feel and then people attack them.isnt she able to state her beliefs without being attacked.and really someone doesnt like a font?like there is huge selection of choices

    ReplyDelete